In recent research conducted by Global Reviews, consumers were asked to try and recall up to five motor insurance providers. Topping the list was AAMI at 61%, holding a massive 24 point lead on NRMA at 37% followed by Allianz on 35%.
Corresponding benchmark research was also conducted across 13 motor insurance websites. The benchmark follows the customers’ journey through the four stages of consideration followed by the two stages of action:
1. Initial engagement – Where a user is introduced to the website
2. Introducing options – Locating different insurance options
3. Evaluating options – Considering different policies
4. Facilitating decisions – Making a final decision on which insurance policy to choose
5. Channel selection – Choosing how and where to purchase the insurance
6. Application form – Purchasing the insurance online
Amongst the 13 companies assessed for motor insurance, the industry average was 50%. This is three points below the average for a similar assessment conducted across home insurance.
To find out more, including which company ranked #1 in the benchmark assessment, please download this FREE report.