Global Reviews April 2016 Mobile Sales Effectiveness study found that top Sports Betting brands are losing target customers who are actively considering placing a bet with them due to not providing the optimum customer experience on their mobile sites.
Our research found that, of those bettors who encountered a problem on a mobile website, 18% would leave the website and place a bet with another provider.
This report looks at data from Global Reviews Mobile Sales Effectiveness research programme. The benchmark follows the customers journey through the four stages of consideration followed by the two stages of action:
1. Initial Engagement - a user is introduced to the website
2. Introducing Options - locating betting options
3. Evaluating Options - considering betting options
4. Facilitating Decisions - making a decision on which bet to add
5. Channel Selection - choosing how and where to purchase
6. Application Form - registering an account / adding a bet
A sample of 450 'in-market' bettors completed our research on a mobile device across 16 different sports betting websites in Ireland, UK and Australia. The study highlights three critical stages along the customer journey that need focus in order to decrease the level of 'lost opportunity' that sports brands suffer from. The three stages are:
1. Initial Engagement
2. Introducing Options
3. Adding a Bet