In Q4 2015 Global Reviews conducted three parallel Airline Domestic Flight Booking benchmarks to assess how easily prospective travellers can research and book a domestic flight online. The benchmarks were run on the desktop, mobile and tablet sites of Delta, Jetstar, Qantas, Swiss and Virgin Australia airlines. Across the three benchmarks, the overall industry average score was 57%. The mobile sites held the top average with 59%, followed by the desktop sites with 57% and the tablet sites with 56%.
When looking at the individual brands across all benchmarks, Qantas was the overall top performer with a cross-benchmark average of 59.8%.
The benchmark follows the customers’ journey through the four stages of consideration followed by the two stages of action:
1. Initial engagement – Where a user is introduced to the website
2. Introducing options – Locating different flight options
3. Evaluating options – Considering different flights
4. Facilitating decisions – Making a final decision on which flight to choose
5. Channel selection – Choosing how and where to book the flight
6. Booking form – Purchasing the ticket online
Across the three benchmarks, the top performing stage of the journey was introducing options.
To find out more, please download this FREE report.